What is Canadian Express Entry?
Canadian express entry is an online system that is designed to manage immigration applications in Canada. It is one of the most popular Canadian immigration systems that proffer Canadian permanent residence. The Federal government introduced this system in 2015 to replace the “first come, first served” system, and this immigration system is used to select and communicate with skilled and qualified applicants.
This immigration system covers:
• Federal Skill Worker Program
• Federal Skilled trades Program
• Canada Experience Class
• Select Stream under Provincial Nominee Programs
Once a profile has been created it will enter the Express Entry pool and given a ranking score out of 1200 points. CIC will then select, during regular draws, the top-ranking profiles and send those an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Applicants then have 60 days to submit their formal application. CIC has promised to process these applications within 6 months. Profile ranking scores (max 1200 points)
• a maximum of 600 points are awarded for age, education, language proficiency, Canadian work experience, and skills transferability.
• 600 points are awarded for a Canadian job offer, supported by a Provisional Nomination.
• 50 Points are awarded for a Canadian Job offer by a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). An LMIA is to obtained by the Canadian employer.