H&C Applications refer to humanitarian and compassionate cases under which a person can apply for permanent resident status in Canada. Rules governing the H&C applications are laid down under Section 25 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
Also, the Humanitarian ground is separate compared to the case of refugees. But people rejected under the refugee program are eligible to apply on a compassionate basis.
• Foreign nationals temporarily living in Canada.
• Foreign nationals facing undeserved hardships, troubles back at their home country.
• Visa is sponsored by a permanent resident or Canadian citizen having good support (financially, etc.) for the applicant.
• Have a relationship with the sponsor for more than 2 years but must not have relations like that of a spouse or common-law partner, live-in, etc. Also, no children must be evolved from common relationships.
• Have some Property/Savings in Canada.
• Part of some voluntary work.
• Medical Test.
• Police clearance.